Saturday 19 January 2013

Botanics Skincare Range

may need to tilt your head to look at this one!
Recently I realised I was running out of a quick makeup remover, for when i'm too tired to do my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, and moisturiser and while i was browsing Boots i saw that Botanics had re-branded. Having liked the old products such as the makeup remover i decided to pick up these three products. So i just thought i'd review each... 
Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream - £4.49
Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream

I had very high hopes for this having liked the previous one, also i have extremely sensitive skin and so i have to be a little careful that i don't use products which irritate my skin. This claimed to be calming, gentle and perfect for sensitive skin, however i completely disagree. I found it stung on my skin and eyes and i really had to scrub at my face to even get my foundation off, let alone eyeliner. It left my skin red and really not very happy, moreover my previous fast makeup remover was Simple's Kind To Eyes Nourishing Eye Makeup Remover which was a mere £3.99 whereas when i bought this it was £4.49 and i found the Simple product actually did the job. 
Botanics Hydrating Day Cream - £8.99
Botanics Hydrating Night Cream - £4.99


Botanics Hydrating Day Cream

Unfortunately this was another no as i found it didn't particularly moisturise my skin and more importantly my skin again got quite irrated, red and quite tight. Defiantly not 'nourished' as it said it would... oh well




Botanics Hydrating Night Cream

Although i wasn't impressed with the other products i tried i actually quite like this. Plainly its a moisturiser which is basically slightly thicker than a day moisturiser, its not something i'll probably repurchase in a hurry but i'll most likely finish it as it does moisturise effectively and leave my skin feeling 'hydrated'.



However, if you are at all inclined to try any Botanics products run now and quick as they are pretty much all on offer in Boots for quite a lot cheaper!
Have a lovely day in the snow!
xx 

2 comments:

  1. I guess you win some and you lose some. At least you found one product you like.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! just wished i'd read more reviews before buying:) x

      Delete